January 30, 2012

The Brown, Cream & Red Room...

One of the projects I've been working on since moving into this great house of ours, is our bedroom! I guess I was never really inspired to be all that creative in our two bedrooms before this one--but I just LOVE this room! We're thinking that before they remodeled the house, our room actually used to be two rooms side by side, but then they decided to break down a portion of the wall in between, wall off one door, and viola--you have our room!

Because the space is SO big and wonderful, we decided to break it into the two halves (unofficially), and make one side our "sleeping" side, and one side for more of a "sitting room"/"office". :) We found a really nice love-seat & ottoman set on craigslist and it fits on the "sitting" side, perfectly! (Although sometimes the ottoman ends up on the "living" side, covered in stacks of clean clothes...*smile*)


I had found, and had hung some cute flowery red/brown/cream colored pictures/paintings at our apartment in various rooms, but thought they would look cute in our room here, so I hung two in our room on opposite sides of the window across from the bed, and two in the "sitting room" side, one by the door, and one by the "office" corner. I was again inspired, this time by the red accents, and I think I am going to start working them into more of my decorating through-out this room!

For my other red accents, I've got a super cute rug, and then made my own cream curtains, with really cute red lacy under-lay. The only thing I wish I had done differently is to make the cream curtains a bit more full. They're made out of pretty stiff upholstery type fabric, and they look a bit rigid. That was one of the reasons that I decided to add the underlay, to make it a little more flowy. :)

Anyways, that's the basic plan for our room decorations!

In other news, I did finally work my way up to e-mailing the department chairs (for accounting & business) at our local college to see if I could get some guidance about going back to school! (As far as which of the two I should focus on, and which of the different programs within each I should set my sights on. I haven't heard back yet, but I am getting more and more excited thinking about the idea! Reading through the course descriptions, I think accounting might be the way I want to go, but I think getting to talk with both ladies will help me decide! 

As for my other crafts--I'm currently in the middle of two different quilts, with a couple more in the "hopper" for production as soon as I finish these two! I'll try & post pictures of the two quilts once I finish them for your viewing pleasure! :)

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment